The Kennels was built in 1870 this Victorian former gamekeepers cottage.
It has now been sympathetically refurbished to provide comfortable holiday accommodation.
The cottage comprises of:
With washing machine and tumble dryer and clothes airer. Plenty of space for boots and coats.
Side access to the cottage via this room.
Well equipped with good quality appliances large fridge freezer, double electric oven and six ring halogen hob, microwave and dishwasher.
Dining table for four. Door leads out the the rear of the cottage and garden and forest beyond.
Separate Dining Room
Accessed off the kitchen this good sized room with original feature fireplace, interesting things for whisky fans.
Front hallway with cloakroom/wc, accessed from both the dining room and sitting room.
Relax with a dram in front of an open coal fire or sit in the bay window seat and watch life go by in the glen.
Table in the bay window provides a place to sit and play card games, have a drink or breakfast perhaps.
Free view TV and DVD player and selection of movies and books.
Family sized bathroom with shower and separate bath.
Inner hallway with feature mahogany staircase leads to landing:
- Sleeps 2 to 4 in two king size bedrooms.
- Nightly rentals available.
- Situated in the Glen of Rothes on the A941 only (7 miles) 10 minutes drive from the town of Elgin which has pleanty of amenities.
- Nearest shops 2.5 miles in the village of Rothes.
- Nearest distillery with visitor centre Glen Grant distillery 4 minutes drive (2.3 miles) and 4 others you can visit within a 10 miles radius.
- On the Number 36 Bus route, which can take you to Elgin, Dufftown and Aberlour every hour.
- Speyside Way long distance walking route, access at Craigellachie village 10 mins drive (5.5 miles)
- Huge sandy beaches at Lossiemouth only 25 minutes drive (14 miles)
- Glenlivet Estate and Distillery with 57,000 acres of rolling hills and great way-marked walks, 30 minutes drive (20 miles)
Large room with high coombed ceiling, this room faces the front of the cottage and looking out to the glen of Rothes.
It has a king size bedstead with fine quality bedding. Hanging space, large bedside drawers and suitcase stand.
Feature cast iron fireplace and painted original 148 year old wood floor, it has table and seating for two.
Large room with coombed ceiling but with plenty of headroom. Velux roof light faces the rear of the house and the gable end window
looks out to the pine and birchwood forest. King size bedstead and fine quality bedding. Hanging space, large bedside drawers
and suitcase stand. Painted original wooden floor this room has a table and seating area for two.